If you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and you might consider an abortion there are critical questions you need to have answered. It is important that you have all the information to make an informed choice that is best for you.
Our team will provide you with information about all the options available for your pregnancy—abortion, adoption, and parenting—and what each one involves. You will understand the process, potential risks, and possible outcomes for each option.
It is crucial that you have information about what is going on with your pregnancy and your body. We can provide you with the following services:
- Lab quality pregnancy test to confirm that you truly are pregnant.
- A limited obstetric ultrasound to tell you how far along you are and whether there is a viable pregnancy (both of which are critical to know before an abortion procedure).
Regardless of the choice you make it is vital to understand the options you have and the potential outcomes of each one.
If you are going to have an abortion procedure, you need to know your rights and responsibilities as a patient to make sure you are protected and safe.
Care Net does not perform or refer for abortions, including the Abortion Pill or Morning-After pills, but we can give you the answers you need to make an informed choice and help you understand what you can and should expect from an abortion provider and what questions to ask as you prepare for your appointment.
MORNING AFTER PILLS
The Morning-after pill containing levonorgestrel (like Plan B, Take Action, My Way, etc.) is a emergency contraception taken after unprotected sex. It is used to prevent pregnancy after having unprotected sex within the first few days. It is not the same thing as the Abortion Pill/RU486.
Emergency contraception does not terminate an existing pregnancy. It is used for the prevention of pregnancy, like birth control. If you think you could be pregnant, you should take a pregnancy test before taking Plan B. Before taking Plan B, it is important for you to understand how the medication works and how it can impact your body. Care Net can provide a free pregnancy test for you.
THE ABORTION PILL - RU 486
THE ABORTION PILL - RU486
If you are considering taking the RU486 Abortion Pill, there are critical questions that you need to have answered first. At Care Net, our clinic staff will provide you with the medical information and services to answer these important questions:
What is the Abortion Pill?
- The Abortion Pill, or RU486, is a two-step drug regiment used to terminate a pregnancy in its earliest stage. The first drug, Mifepristone, will stop the growth of the uterine lining and cause it to shed making it unable to sustain a pregnancy. The second drug, Misoprostol, will cause your uterus to expel the lining and pregnancy. Before taking the Abortion Pill you must confirm your pregnancy with a lab quality pregnancy test, which we can provide for you at no cost.
What is the difference between the Morning After Pill (Plan B) and the Abortion Pill?
- The Morning After Pill (Plan B, etc) will not terminate an existing pregnancy, but may prevent pregnancy if taken within three days of intercourse. The Abortion Pill will terminate an existing pregnancy. Both have risks, so it is important to learn the facts and confirm whether or not you are pregnant.
How far into my pregnancy can I take the Abortion Pill?
- The Abortion Pill is approved by the FDA for use up to 70 days after conception, or 10 weeks of pregnancy. The Abortion Pill does not terminate an *ectopic pregnancy–which is a life threatening condition. It is critical to determine how far along you are and to rule out an ectopic pregnancy with an ultrasound, which we can provide for you at no cost.
Are there risks or side effects for the Abortion Pill?
- Although the Abortion Pill is not a surgical procedure, it does have physical side effects, as well as significant risks associated with it.
- Feel dizzy
- Feel strong cramps
- Feel nauseous or vomit
- Have diarrhea
- Have heavy bleeding
- Feel abdominal pain
- Have mild fevers or chills
We can provide you with information on the process and risks are if you make an appointment to speak to one of our trained staff.
Can I get the Abortion Pill over the counter or online?
- The Abortion Pill is not available for purchase over the counter; you will have to visit a clinic to obtain it. It is not recommended to purchase the Abortion Pill online—it is dangerous because there is no way to guarantee you’re getting the right kind of medication, and some websites may even sell fake pills.
How much does the Abortion Pill cost?
The abortion pill can cost up to $1000. The cost varies and depends on it if you have health insurance and if your health insurance will cover the cost.
Can I change my mind after taking the Abortion Pill?
- The Abortion Pill process involves taking two pills, (Mifepristone and Misoprostol) at two different times. It is possible for the effects of the Abortion Pill to be reversed, but only after taking the first pill. However, it is a very time-sensitive medical protocol, so if you or someone you know has taken the first pill and have changed your mind, please call us immediately or the 24/7 HELPLINE at 877-558-0333 to speak to nurse right away.